Tuesday, July 7, 2015

TELL-LIE-VISION: IS IT TIME TO KICK THE TUBE TO THE CURB??

Oh the evils of one of our guiltiest pleasures....

That little (or not so little) box that entertains us and saves us from boredom.
I can admit it. I am addicted to television. I binge-watch my favorite shows like OITNB and The Walking Dead​, and yes, even soap operas.
After the season finale I am left hanging on until 6 months or a year later when I can get my 
next fix, thanks Netflix (see what I did there?)

I don't feel empowered or alive or happy, just craving a new series to watch.
Frankly, I'm sick of it!
Too damn much of my time is spent planning my life around worrying about who is sleeping with whom, who is going to trial for their latest crime, who is addicted to what, and when the main character will come out of the coma.

I have so much creativity inside me that bubbles up and out of me when I am not confined to my self-imposed mind prison.... so why do I continually binge on mindless shows and then feel guilty after?
Like I said, I'm addicted. Just like most of the people I know.

I do enjoy watching YouTube videos without guilt... not speaking of the viral videos that make their rounds in social media (although I do LOVE the cute baby and animal ones), I am referring to videos from the greatest minds of our time!
People such as Dr. Wayne Dyer, Tony Robbins, Bob Proctor, and so many others who offer me encouragement to get off my ass and make life happen instead of trying to live vicariously through fictional characters in someone else's creation!

One day I  WILL break the chains and devote more of my time to discovering the world and myself and channeling more of my creativity
I don't know WHEN it will happen and I will actually kick the boob tube to the curb, but this thought has been running RAMPANT in my mind for the past couple years...

I guess like any other addiction, admitting you have a problem is the first step, right?

Wish me luck with step two....

xoxo
Jamiann

No comments:

Post a Comment