Tuesday, August 2, 2016

How To Use Natural Deodorant Without Irritation!


I have been making my own deodorant for nearly 4 years now, and I began selling it in my shop 3 1/2 years ago or so...

My customers love the deodorant and it has become my best seller!
I have sold literally THOUSANDS of them all over the world, and offer them in shops in Upstate New York, and soon in Seattle 😍

Then there are those who can't use it because they are sensitive to the baking soda, like me.Due to its highly alkalizing properties, baking soda upsets the natural pH balance of the skin and can cause rashes and irritation and itchiness, even blisters!


I learned all of the various reactions through feedback from my customers and created different formulas like Baking Soda Free and Light Formula, with half the regular amount of baking soda as the Regular Formula.


I formulated my original deodorant to have the least amount of baking soda I could and still have it be effective, still couldn't use that...
I covered all of the bases I could with the deodorant recipes and made lots and lots of happy armpits, yet I still couldn't find anything that worked for me.

My baking soda free formula works great for so many of my customers, but did absolutely nothing for me, the light formula still made me break out in a rash, I tried lemon juice (which I used for 2 years) which would work fine for a bit but then the acidity would upset my pH balance just like the baking soda did.
Determined to NEVER go back to store bought aluminum based deodorants, I was walking around stinking for a lot of the time 😔

About a year ago I found a liquid spray deodorant at my local health food store with mostly natural ingredients, so I quickly scanned the back of the bottle to see what I could gather to formulate something for myself,
Witch hazel and Aloe Vera gel were the only 2 ingredients I would take from that list as a lot of it didn't seem very natural to me.

As soon as I got home I went to work whipping something together so I could feel like I could have my arms raised in the air with ZERO self-consciousness!
I added the teeniest bit of baking soda to the witch hazel and aloe gel, added a few of my favorite essential oils and VOILA! I found something to use alternately with the lemon juice.

I continued this regimen for about a year (still wishing I could use my solid deo)...
Until one day I came across an article about armpit detox! What the???
Kinda made sense when I thought about it.
The article said to use bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar made into a paste for a period of time to draw toxins from all of the previously used chemicals and aluminum, from the underarm area.

I always have bentonite clay on hand as I use it in many of my creations, but I wanted to kick it up a notch, so I whipped together some of my Detox Clay, which, aside from Sodium & Calcium Bentonite, also has Rhassoul Clay and Kaolin Clay,
They all are detoxifying and add minerals such as magnesium, silica, calcium, sodium, and potassium.

Sodium & Calcium Bentonite Clays are very healing and use negative ions to bind to toxins, drawing them from under the skin, are very alkalizing, and help to oxygenate the cells

Rhassoul Clay helps to unblock pores and improves the skin texture

Kaolin Clay adds its skin regenerating, cleansing, and softening properties

I combined the clay mixture with a little organic apple cider vinegar, enough to make a paste, and put a thin layer under my arms. I held my arms up to let it dry, and although I looked ridiculous, it only took about 5 minutes 😄
I then rinsed my underarms with water and proceeded to go about my day.
The smell of the vinegar didn't stick around, and I just went sans deodorant like I had for so long anyway!

About a week later I stopped the detox armpit mask routine and on day 8 I put on my own handmade deodorant in Baby Powder Scent and at the end of the day, NO IRRITATION! ❤

A few days into wearing the deodorant I has a slight tingle like I could be getting a rash, washed off the deodorant and replaced it with the detox clay mixture, then started wearing the deodorant again the next day.

I had a slight tingle about 3 times and each time I used the detox clay.
That was MONTHS AGO!
I have been wearing my own baking soda deodorant now with no irritation and it works amazingly well 😍

Give me a shout and let me know if this technique works for you, and best of luck on your way to a healthier and more natural you!!

XOXO
Jamiann








No comments:

Post a Comment