Saturday, September 29, 2012

Lip service

One of my favorite sayings is
"The scent of the rose lingers on the hand that casts it".
It gives me pause to think about everything I say before the words leave my lips.
Not only do the kind and loving words I  impart on others reflect how I feel about my own self, but also the ones that are sometimes a little angry or hurtful are as well.
We don't always address all the qualities of ourselves that we find less than perfect because society teaches us that we are supposed to glorify the wonderful traits we possess and hide the not-so-perfect ones.
Because of this we tend to push them to the back of our minds. 
Next time you find something about to leave your lips and land on someone's ears,
Take a moment to reflect on how those words are actual reflections of yourself.
If they are qualities you find admirable, rejoice in your loveliness and smile,
if they represent qualities you aren't so pleased with,
this is the perfect opportunity to make some little changes that please you;
again, rejoice in your loveliness and smile.
From your lips to your own ears...
Muah

No comments:

Post a Comment